Android 8.0 Oreo update for Xperia X is officially rolling out. Sony may not be as fast as some other OEMs but its good to see the update nonetheless. In this guide, we will tell you how to install Android Oreo on Xperia X manually (via Xperia X Oreo Firmware FTF file), without having to wait for the OTA update.
Xperia X is a great midranger from the house of Sony. The phone was launched in February 2016 and it is very nice of Sony to provide the latest Android Oreo Update for Xperia X. Xperia X comes with up to 64 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM. The phone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 which is a decent processor, even by 2018 norms. As Sony does not heavily customize their Android Skin and keeps the UI close Stock Android, the phone should have no issue with handling the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Update. Read ahead to know more and download Android 8.0 Oreo FTF file for Xperia X.
Sony Xperia X Oreo Update
Sony has already started rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo update for some of the Xperia X devices. The update brings all the Android Oreo goodness to the midranger. Some of the notable features of Android Oreo are notification dots, picture-in-picture mode, auto-fill API, notification channels. There are also a several under the hood improvements and subtle UI changes.
Please note that the Oreo OTA Update for Xperia X is gradual and may take some time to reach your device. But, if you do not want to wait a few more days for the OTA to reach, you can manually update Xperia X to Android Oreo right now. Oreo FTF file for Xperia X is available now. You can use it to flash Android Oreo on Xperia X.
Download Xperia X Oreo Firmware Update
You can download the Xperia X Oreo FTF file by clicking below:
- Filename: F5121_34.4.A.0.364_DE .ftf
- Size: 2.58 GB
- Download: [Link Removed.]
Note: The Oreo Update FTF File download links for other variants will be added soon.
- This update is only for Xperia X. Do not attempt to flash this on any other devices.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure that you have at least 60% of charge before proceeding.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia X using Flashtool
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest Xperia Flashtool.
- If the download is zipped, extract the same. Open the Flashtool.
- Click on the Flash icon.
- In the following screen, select Fastboot and press Ok.
- Now, you will see a new window where all the firmware files present will be displayed in the left pane. Select the FTF file you downloaded earlier.
- On the far right corner, you will see Wipe section.
⇒ If you want a clean install: Select USERDATA, APPSLOG, CACHE, and DATA. Then click on the Flash button at the bottom. (Recommended method)
⇒ If you just want to update, do not check any options.
- A few moments after the above step, you will be asked to connect your Xperia device in Flashmode.
1. Turn off your device.
2. Connect one end of the USB cable to your phone.
3. Press and hold Volume Down Button.
4. Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer while you are still holding Volume Down Button.Once you have successfully connected the device to PC in Flash mode, the LED will turn green on your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions given by the Flashtool, if any.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
The flashing process might take some time to complete and it is completely normal. Even the first boot might take longer than usual; be patient. In case you do not perform a clean install (by wiping data) and are facing issues, do a clean install. Enjoy the Android Oreo goodness on your Xperia X!
This is the easiest way to flash Android Oreo firmware on Xperia X using Flashtool.
Screenshot Credits: Xperiablog.net