Android 8.0 Oreo update for Xperia X Compact is being rolled out by Sony. While some manufacturers have not yet updated even their flagships, this is great news! In this guide, we will tell you how to install Android Oreo on Xperia X Compact manually (via Xperia X Compact Oreo Firmware FTF file), without having to wait for the OTA update.
Xperia X Compact is a great midrange phone for anyone looking to have a nice and compact phone. Sony launched the device in September 2016. Given the time span since launch, it is great that Sony has provided the latest Android Oreo Update for Xperia X Compact. Xperia X Compact comes with up to 32 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM. The phone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 which can easily perform day to day activities. Sony, being one of those manufacturers who choose not to customize their Android skin too much, the phone should not have an issue with handling the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Update. Read ahead to know more and download Android 8.0 Oreo FTF file for Xperia X Compact.
Sony Xperia X Compact Oreo Update
Sony has started rolling out the Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update for some of the Xperia X Compact devices. The update brings all the goodness we have seen so far in Android Oreo to the midranger. Some of the notable features of Android Oreo are notification dots, picture-in-picture mode, auto-fill API, and notification channels. There are also a several under the hood improvements and subtle UI changes all around the system. It would be interesting to see how Sony implements the Android Oreo features.
Please note that the Xperia X Compact Oreo OTA Update rollout is gradual and may take some time to reach all the devices. But, if you do not want to wait for the OTA to arrive in your device, you can manually update Xperia X Compact to Android Oreo right now. Oreo FTF file for Xperia X Compact is available now. You can use it to flash Android Oreo on Xperia X Compact.
Download Xperia X Compact Oreo Firmware Update
You can download the Xperia X Compact Oreo FTF file by clicking below:
- Filename: F5321_34.4.A.0.364_TH .ftf
- Variant: F5321
- Size: 2.46 GB
- Download: [Link Removed.]
Note: The Oreo Update FTF File download links for other variants will be added soon.
- This update is only for Xperia X Compact. Do not attempt to flash this on any other devices.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure that you have at least 60% of charge before proceeding.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia X Compact using Flashtool
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest Xperia Flashtool.
- If the download is zipped, extract it. Open the Flashtool.
- Click on the Flash icon.
- In the following screen, select Fastboot and press Ok.
- Now, you will see a new window where all the firmware files present will be displayed in the left pane. If it is not displayed, browse and select the Xperia X Compact Oreo Update FTF file you downloaded earlier.
- On the far right corner, you will see Wipe section.
⇒ If you want a clean install: Select USERDATA, APPSLOG, CACHE, and DATA. Then click on the Flash button at the bottom. (Recommended method)
⇒ If you just want to update, do not check any options.
- A few moments after the above step, you will be asked to connect your Xperia device in Flashmode.
1. Turn off your device.
2. Connect one end of the USB cable to your phone.
3. Press and hold Volume Down Button.
4. Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer while you are still holding Volume Down Button.Once you have successfully connected the device to PC in Flash mode, the LED will turn green on your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions given by the Flashtool, if any.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
The flashing process might take some time to complete and it is completely normal. Even the first boot might take longer than usual; be patient. In case you do not perform a clean install (by wiping data) and are facing issues, do a clean install. Enjoy the Android Oreo goodness on your Xperia X Compact!
This is the easiest way to flash Android Oreo firmware on Xperia X Compact using Flashtool.
Screenshot Credits: Xperiablog.net