WhatsApp Business is finally official and here is everything you should know about it one place. A compilation of all the new functionalities and features.
World’s most popular messaging platform WhatsApp just announced a sister app to complement its original app. WhatsApp Business provides a platform for businesses to interact better with their customers by providing updates, support and basically the option to run their business from their mobile phones, on WhatsApp, instead of heading elsewhere online. Customers do not need to have the business app installed on their phones. The customer will use the regular WhatsApp app while the business authority uses the WhatsApp Business app. There are over one and a half million users people using WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business seems to be a pretty good idea especially looking at how deeply integrated both the apps are.
Here is a complete list of everything that you should know about the two apps which are different yet the same.
WhatsApp vs WhatsApp Business: What’s Different?
Here are the things that are different in WhatsApp Business when compared to the regular WhatsApp Messenger we use on a daily basis.
1. Different Icons
The first thing that anyone notices after downloading an app is the app’s icon. WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business have different icons. One can easily differentiate between the two just by looking at the icons.
2. Difference In Chat Menus
WhatsApp will notify you whenever you chat with any business account.
3. WhatsApp Business Exclusive Features
WhatsApp Business has every feature that one can find on the regular WhatsApp application but it has a few add-ons which differentiate it from the regular app and makes it business friendly. These business exclusive features are listed below.
- Unlike the regular app, WhatsApp Business lets you create an account with your landline number as well. Note that while registering your landline number on WhatsApp Business, WhatsApp will verify your number via a call instead of the more familiar OTP message as one receives during creating an account on the regular WhatsApp application.
- The regular WhatsApp application, lets you add your profile picture, name and a small description as your profile info. WhatsApp Business includes some useful add-ons to the profile info with options to business address, description, working hours, location, websites and email address which will help your customers to understand your business in a better way.
- WhatsApp Business introduces Away Messages. This feature will let you inform your customers that you are busy or not able to respond to their message at that moment. This is helpful when you are on leave or if you receive the message post the office hours. You can customize the text in away message according to your liking.
- Quick Replies is another feature that made its way to the WhatsApp Business app. It is a smart response tool that will let you send predefined replies for frequently asked questions or similar things.
- With Greeting Message, WhatsApp Business will automatically send a greeting message created by you to every new customer or after 14 days of no activity with the particular customer. You can tweak the greeting message according to your likings. This should come in handy for many.
- WhatsApp Business will let you group different chats into particular groups on the basis of certain criteria.
- With Short Links, WhatsApp will let your customers chat with you without having access to your number. They can just tap on the link to start a chat with your business.
- With WhatsApp Business, you can monitor your statistics on WhatsApp. Statistics include the number of messages that were sent, delivered and read so that they can tweak the content of quick replies or their strategy of contacting their customers. This may not be as useful as insights from Instagram but still a welcome addition none the less.
Except for all these features, there is not much to differentiate between the regular WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business. You will have access to status, audio and video calls, stickers. The user interface is pretty same on both and you can also have web access on both the applications. If you are a business owner, you might consider using the WhatsApp Business application to communicate with your customers in a better way.
This was everything that you need on WhatsApp vs WhatsApp Business. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.