A detailed step by step guide on how to install ViPER4Android on Android devices running Android Oreo 8.0. Android Oreo is the latest and the greatest in the Android Universe at the moment. It was unveiled over a couple of months ago and the latest update came with a lot of improvements. There are new features such as Google AutoFill API, Smart Select Options and a few UI changes such as redesigned Quick Settings panel, Settings app and a new set of Emoji [RIP blobs :(]. Not much of the devices have got the official update but there are already a few Android Oreo-based custom ROMs many devices. If you are custom ROM enthusiast or if you have got the latest update from your manufacturer itself, you would have been enjoying the Oreo goodness for a while now. I don’t know about you, but one of the first things that I install as soon as I buy/root any phone is ViPER4Android.
ViPER4Android for Android Oreo
The ViPER4Android is the go-to Mod if you are looking for a great Audio Mod for your Android device. Sure, there are a lot of Audio Mods nowadays but ViPER4Android has been around for a long time now and it always delivers. The V4A [Short for ViPER4Android] was not really one of the best-looking apps and it has recently received a much needed visual overhaul. Below are some of the features of what the V4A offers:
- Playback Control: Control the output audio volume of Android by amplifying or abating it.
- FET Compressor: Limits the FET circuits in Android to avoid any damage to audio hardware.
- Viper-DDC: Pre-defined profiles for a large list of supported headphones to get the most out of them.
- FIREqualizer: 10-band FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filter equalizer for refined control over every audio tone.
- Viper Bass: Get the best control over Bass by customizing the frequency and using different modes – Natural, Pure Bass+ and Subwoofer.
- Viper Clarity: Balance out the heavy bass and clear audio while listening to music.
All right, enough of the features. It’s time to get to business. Go to the next section to know how to install ViPER4Android on Android Oreo.
Steps to install ViPER4Android on Android Oreo
Follow the below steps carefully:
- Download the required files from the below links:
- Copy both of the downloaded files to your phone.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install > Select the Magisk Installer Zip file that you copied to your phone > Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Once Magisk is flashed, reboot your device.
- After reboot, open a file explorer of your choice and navigate to the folder where Magisk Manager APK file is available > Tap on the APK File and install it.
- Open the Magisk Manager to check if everything is installed properly.
- Download the Latest ViPER4Android Magisk Module: Download Magisk Manager
- Open Magisk Manager.
- Go to Modules Section.
- Tap on the Big Yellow Plus button > Choose ‘Flash Module Zip’.
- You will be prompted to select a module using your phone’s built-in file picker. So find your Downloads folder, then long-press the ZIP file you downloaded.
- Next, tap “Open,” then press “Install” on the popup to get things going. When it’s done, just tap “Reboot” to wrap things up.
- Go to ViPER4Android > Settings > Enter ‘Developer mode’ > Disable ‘SELinux’ from there.
Note: You have to disable the ‘SELinux’ thing mentioned in the last step every time you reboot.