If you have been looking for a way to unlock OnePlus 7 Pro bootloader and root OnePlus 7 pro, then this guide is for you. The flagship killer taunting brand “OnePlus” launched its none flagship killer phone dubbed the OnePlus 7 Pro a couple of weeks ago. The OnePlus 7 Pro is the most expensive phone ever launched by OnePlus and is a part of the new ideology of OnePlus.
The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with an upgraded display with a higher resolution and refresh-rate display, the elimination of nearly all bezels while not sporting a notch, hole punch camera or any sort of cutouts on the display, a triple rear camera setup (48 MP, f/1.6 primary with OIS; 8 MP, f/2.4 3x telephoto; 16 MP, f/2.2 117° wide-angle lens), 16 MP motorized pop up selfie camera, the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 385), Adreno 640 GPU, larger 4000 mAh battery with support for 30W fast Wrap charging, up to 12GB RAM, faster UFS 3.0 storage, a better under the display fingerprint reader, and much more.
Installing TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus 7 Pro will help you install custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and also enables you to easily root your device. But as an official or unofficial build of TWRP recovery for the OnePlus 7 Pro is not released yet, I will guide you using the traditional methods which were used to root Android devices.
How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 7 Pro
- Rooting may be a pretty complex task for some. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have enough charge left on your device. A minimum of 60% is recommended.
- Make sure you have the latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux in addition to the latest OnePlus USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock in Developer Options.
- Toggle on Advanced Reboot in the Developer Options. (Optional but recommended)
Rooting your device will require you to unlock your bootloader. In most cases, this will effectively void your device warranty. That said, unlocking bootloader/rooting are complex processes and may not always produce the desired results. Know what you are doing and always have a backup before proceeding. The author or ThemeFoxx cannot be held responsible in case anything unexpected happens to your device. Remember, you are warned.
Unlock OnePlus 7 Pro Bootloader
- Power off your device and press the volume up and power button simultaneously to boot your device into fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with your PC via a USB cable.
- Now, navigate to the folder where you have the adb and fastboot tools installed and open a command prompt window there.
- Once connected, type the following command in the command window and this command should return your device’s serial number. If your device’s serial number does not appear, the connection between your PC and Phone is broken.
- If this is your first time connecting your Android after enabling USB Debugging, you should now get a prompt on your Android device as below:
Click on the checkbox ‘Always allow from the computer‘ and then click OK.
- Now, once again, execute the below command in the command prompt or PowerShell window:
- If your phone’s serial number appears, type the following command to boot your device into fastboot/bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in bootloader mode, execute the following command to unlock bootloader of your OnePlus 7 Pro.
fastboot oem unlock
- You will receive a warning notification on your phone. Use the Volume Up button to navigate to Unlock the bootloader command and the Power button to select it.
- Once your device reboots, boot it into the recovery mode as you did it in the first step.
- In the recovery mode, wipe all user data.
Root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk
- Make sure that your device has USB debugging option enabled. If not, enable it from the Developers Option.
- Download the patched boot image file from the downloads section above on your PC. Make sure you choose the correct version of the boot image file. Transfer this file to the location where ADB tools are installed on your PC.
- Reboot your device to the fastboot mode as you did it while unlocking the bootloader.
- Once you are in fastboot mode, type the following command in the command window:
This command should return your device’s serial number. If your device’s serial number does not appear, the connection between your PC and Phone is broken.
- If everything is all right, boot your device using the patched boot image using the following command.
fastboot boot <patched-magisk>.img
Note to replace <patched-magisk> with the name of the file that you downloaded in the second step.
- Your device should boot normally in a short time.
- Now, download the Magisk Manager apk from the Downloads section above and install the apk file on your phone.
- Launch Magisk Manager and select INSTALL next to the Magisk status.
- Tap on Direct Install when asked. This will install the latest version of Magisk on your device.
Recommended: Best Magisk Modules for Android 
Congratulations! You just successfully unlocked bootloader and rooted your OnePlus 7 Pro using Magisk.
This is the easiest way to unlock OnePlus 7 Pro bootloader and root OnePlus 7 Pro. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.