In the last 2 years, smartphones have come up with revolutionized cameras. The gap between the quality of professional cameras and smartphone cameras has reduced by a great margin. More and more people are starting to shoot using their smartphones. This can be attributed to the fact that smartphones are more portable than those big and bulky dedicated cameras; and can shoot great quality pictures as well.
I do not think any of you will deny that post-processing is important as clicking a picture with good perspective. Sometimes one may feel the urge to separate the subject from the background of the image. In such a scenario, many take the help of Photoshop to get it done but carrying a PC to all places may not be possible and hence, modern age smartphone might come to rescue. There is no doubt that photo processing software on Android is still in its baby phase and cannot match PC level tasks. But there is a way to separate the foreground from the background. If you are someone who wants to learn how to do the same thing, here is a tutorial for you.
Steps to Remove Background From Any Image In Android
- Download and install Background Eraser by handyCloset Inc. from the Google Play Store by clicking on the link appearing below.
- Once you are done with the installation, open the app from your phone.
- Now, tap on Load a photo and select the desired photo from your gallery whose background is to be removed.
- Now, crop the subject of the image as much as you can so that the background of the image in your cropped frame is least in the percentage of area occupied and then tap on done.
- Now, you can choose from Manual, Auto and Eraser options to remove your background. I will suggest you to for Auto.
- Wait for the image to be processed and then click on Finish. In case you feel that the separation of background is not up to your liking, you can try out the Manual mode to remove the background yourself but this can be a bit of hectic task for the beginners.
If you are still unsatisfied with the way the app handles this task, here are a few more apps which you can try out.
- TouchRetouch by ADVA Soft
- Eraser by World2Gether
- LightX Photo Editor And Photo Effects by Andor Communications Pvt Ltd
This is the easiest way to separate the subject and background of an image using an Android Phone.
I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.