Looking for a way to get some extra screen real estate on your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL? In this guide, we will tell you how to remove Pixel 2 navigation bar. You can easily remove navigation bar on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL and make more room for your games and videos!
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are definitely some of the best phones money can buy right now. Pixel phones ship with slightly modified stock Android; Android the way Google intends to be. When compared to the other mobile operating systems, Android is pretty customizable. Even OEMs customize the OS to their heart’s content. While Android offers some pretty good customization options, it may not be useful for the Power Users. For example, the Pixel 2 Navigation Bar. It is always there and there is no option to auto-hide it when needed or to disable it. It’s always there. This could get quite annoying for some users. A black bar lying around all the time at the bottom of your screen? No thanks!
We have been hearing a lot of positive things about the iPhone X Gesture Navigation; no navigation bar or buttons! In this guide, we will guide on how to remove Pixel 2 navigation bar!
There are users with non-pixel phones who are looking for a way to get Pixel 2 navigation bar on their devices. Yet, here we are, looking for a way to get rid of the Pixel 2 navigation bar. I understand – the permanent black bar at the bottom may not go easy on the eyes for everywhere. Also, when playing a game you might accidentally end up tapping on one of the button spoiling the entire gameplay.
Removing the navigation bar on Android devices used to be very easy. All you needed to do was to edit the build.prop file on your device. But with recent Android versions, Google has changed a lot of things and the build.prop method does not work anymore. Hence, we have to rely on the community developers over at XDA Forums to provide is the flashable zip which would help us disable Pixel 2 navigation bar.
What are the benefits of removing navigation bar on Pixel 2?
- More screen space for all the awesome videos.
- Avoid accidents taps on the navigation bar buttons while playing games.
- Your device must be rooted with TWRP installed.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
- We are going to make use of the flashable zip files to remove Pixel 2 Navigation bar. Download the zip files from the NavBar Gone mod XDA thread:
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Reboot your Pixel 2 TWRP recovery mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time till you are in Fastboot Mode.
- Press the Volume Down Button until you see recovery mode and press the Power Button to select it.
- You would see a splash screen with dead Android. Press and Hold Power Button and press Volume Up button to boot into the recovery mode.
- Tap on Install and select the downloaded zip file and flash the same.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Reboot your device.
By the time your device reboot, the Pixel 2 navigation bar would have gone. You will now have an all screen Pixel 2! You might need to install gesture navigation apps like Swipe Navigation for the purpose of navigation.
In case if you want to get back the navigation bar, there is a simple way for that too. A flashable zip file that restores the navigation bar can be found in the folder /sdcard/ozop on your device. Reboot your TWRP recovery and flash the zip file to get back the Pixel 2 Navigation Bar.
This is the easiest way to remove the navigation bar on Pixel 2.
Featured Image Credit: Engadget.com