You can now get the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3, Galaxy Note 8, Moto G5S Plus and Xiaomi Mi5/5s. By installing the modified Camera NX 7.3 app, you can enable the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3, Galaxy Note 8, Moto G5S Plus, Xiaomi Mi5/5s and a few other non-Google devices.
Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL pack arguably the best smartphone camera on any smartphone right now. There are also a few other smartphones in the market with some exceptional camera capabilities, but none come close to the Pixel 2. When a great camera hardware is combined with the Google’s exceptional software and machine learning algorithms, the results are simply stunning. There are a lot of unique features that come with the Pixel 2 Camera; Motion Photos, Face Retouching and AR Stickers to name a few. Many of these features have already been ported to work on other non-Google devices. Today, one more shall be added to the list. You can now get Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3, Note 8, Mi 5/5s and Moto G5s Plus.
Pixel 2 Portrait Mode for OnePlus 3T/3, Note 8, Mi5/5s and Moto G5s Plus
Recently, developer Charles Chow of Chromloop has ported the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode for Nexus 6P, 5X, and Google Pixel. The modified Camera NX 7.3 app brought the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode capabilities to the older Google devices.
According to a report from XDA Portal, XDA Senior Member Arnova8G2 has ported the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode to non-Google devices such as OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3, Note 8, Mi 5/5s and Moto G5s Plus. It is important to note here that, the portrait mode will only work on the rear camera and not on the front-facing camera.
Below are a few screenshots of the Pixel 2 Portrait Mode enabled Google Camera:
Download Pixel 2 Camera with Portrait Mode for Non-Google Devices
You can download the Pixel 2 Camera with Portrait Mode enabled by clicking below:
The installation instructions are in the next section! For future releases and updates, be sure to follow the developer’s original thread here.
Install Pixel 2 Camera with Portrait Mode for Non-Google Devices
Below are a few prerequisites to be able to install Pixel 2 Camera with Portrait Mode:
- Your device must be running Android 8.0 Oreo and above.
- The APK file has only been tested on Snapdragon devices. Exynos/MediaTek compatibility is not tested.
- Camera2 API must be enabled on your device. Otherwise, this APK will not work!
- For Note 8 – As of now, only Oreo beta users can use this until it is officially released. [Snapdragon Variant Only].
- Moto G5S Plus – You need a custom ROM based on Android 8.0. Get it here.
Now, follow the below steps to install Pixel 2 Camera with Portrait Mode:
- Download the ‘GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.1.apk‘ file from the downloads section above.
- Make sure you have ‘Unknown Sources’ enabled on your device.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone.
- Open a file explorer of your choice and navigate to the downloaded file.
- Tap on the ‘GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.1.apk‘ file and install it as normal APK.
How to Enable HDR+ on Pixel 2 Camera with Portrait Mode
The HDR+ is not enabled by default. To enable the same, follow the below steps:
- Open the Camera NX.
- Swipe from the left and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ and select ‘HDR+ Control’ to enable the same:
This is the easiest way to install Pixel 2 Portrait Mode on OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3, Galaxy Note 8, Moto G5S Plus, Xiaomi Mi5/5s.
Need help? Drop a comment below!