Xposed Framework is probably the most powerful customization tool in the history of Android. Installing Xposed Framework on OnePlus 6 is now possible. In this guide, we will tell you how to install Xposed Framework on OnePlus 6 via Magisk!
After much teasing, like all the phones these days, OnePlus 6 is now finally available. There was a lot of expectations for the device. When we look at the reviews and user experiences with the device, it seems like OnePlus has met most of the expectations.
While there a still a few features are absent in the device, such as IP Rating and wireless charging, the phone still ticks the most of the right boxes. And just like all the other OnePlus devices so far, OnePlus has been getting amazing community love ever since the release. In this guide, we will tell you how you can install Xposed Framework on OnePlus 6.
Xposed For OnePlus 6
Xposed Framework is definitely one of the best things that have happened to Android ever since it’s inception. Before Exposed, custom ROMs were the only way to try out new features such as customizing the status bar icons or editing gesture controls, etc.
But, when Xposed Framework made it’s debut, that all changed once and forever. Xposed Framework provided a way (or a bridge) which allowed the rooted Android users to take advantage of the Android system and modify it to their heart’s content. All the features that are found in custom ROMs were able to be ported as Xposed Modules which can be installed on rooted stock ROM itself.
Recently, we told you how to root OnePlus 6 with Magisk. In this guide, we will tell you how you can install Xposed Framework on OnePlus 6.
Steps to Install Xposed OnePlus 6
- Make sure you have Magisk installed on your OnePlus 6: How to Root OnePlus 6 with Magisk
- Open the ‘Magisk Manager’ app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (the three flat lines) at the top left corner and select ‘Downloads’.
- Tap on the search icon and type in ‘Xposed’. You will get a number of results.
- Out of these results, we are looking for Xposed Android Oreo Magisk Module. You need to download this one: Android 8.1 Oreo > Xposed Framework (SDK 27)
- Depending on the Android version (Settings > About device) your device is running, tap on the appropriate Xposed Magisk Module. You will get a popup > Tap on ‘INSTALL’.
- Once the installation process completes, tap on ‘REBOOT’.
- Once your phone reboot, download and install the Xposed Installer v3.1.4 on your OnePlus 6: Download Xposed Installer v3.1.4.apk
- Open the Xposed Installer App. You will get a prompt saying that Framework is not installed.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and NOT on ‘Install via recovery’.
- You will see information that Framework is downloading and then an error message will be displayed. You can safely ignore it.
- Go back to Magisk Manager and tap on the Xposed Magisk Module to activate the same.
- After reboot open Xposed installer again and activate it (slider to the right).
- Reboot your device for one last time.
That will be all. Now you have Xposed Installed on your OnePlus 6. You can now proceed to install any Xposed Modules you want! But exercise caution, as these things are quite complex and you never know what will trigger the kill switch. And more importantly, make sure to always take a backup before making any changes to the device!