Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 6 is available right now! Dolby Atmos audio mod greatly improves the audio experience on smartphones. In this guide, we will tell you can install Dolby Atmos audio mod on OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 is the latest and greatest OnePlus has to offer this year, so far. The flagship smartphone was introduced almost over a month ago and has been well received by both the fans and reviewers. With OnePlus 6, we are seeing a completely new design, unlike the previous two smartphones from OnePlus. For the first time, OnePlus has decided to use glass back on their smartphone. There is no wireless charging support though, which is a bummer!
OnePlus devices have always been known for their incredible dev support. Like all the other OnePlus devices, development for OnePlus 6 has already started in full swing, with a bunch of custom ROMs and Kernels already available. Today, we will guide you on how to install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 Dolby Atmos Sound Mod
Dolby Atmos Sound Mod is one of the top audio mods available for Android devices right now. There are many other audio mods available for Android such as Viper4Android, ARISE Sound Mod, etc. But Dolby Atmos has gained a lot of fans over the past couple of years.
Thanks to the XDA Recognized Contributor guitardedhero, we can now enjoy the Dolby Atmos Audio Mod on OnePlus 6. He has managed to port the Dolby Atmos Digital Signal Processor and GUI from the latest ZTE™ Axon 7 Android Oreo firmware to the OnePlus 5. Below are a few screenshots of the Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 6:
Download Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 6
You can download the OnePlus 6 Dolby Atmos Sound MOD by clicking below:
- Filename: DolbyAtmos_Axon7_Oreo_Unity_2.20.18.zip
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Developer: guitardedhero
- Download: Android File Host
- Has been tested only on OnePlus 6. Not for other devices.
- You OnePlus 6 must be running Android Oreo.
- You OnePlus 6 running Android Oreo must be rooted: How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 6
- You must have a custom recovery (TWRP Recommended) installed.
- Make a complete nandroid backup of your device before proceeding.
Steps to Install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 6
- Go to Settings > Sound and disable Audio Tuner.
- Copy the downloaded Dolby Atmos Zip file to your OnePlus 5.
- Reboot your device into TWRP and make a full Nandroid Backup:
⇒ Tap on ‘Backup’ > Select the necessary partitions > create backup.
- Next, go back to the TWRP main screen and select ‘Install’. Then, select the downloaded file and flash the same.
- Reboot your device.
Once you reboot your device, you must be able to notice a significant difference in audio experience. This is the easiest way to install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 6. Be sure to check out the official XDA Forum Thread, for further assistance/support and latest updates. In case if you run into any trouble, there are some neat escape routes mentioned there – do check out!