You’re PC’s user interface matters a lot especially when you spend a lot of your time working on your computer. Microsoft releases new updates for Windows 10 from time to time which is available at no additional cost to users but since its initial release in July 2015, there is not any major noticeable difference in the user interface of this operating system. Three years after its release, it has come to a point where it feels stale and stagnant. If you are someone who loves customizing your user interface or someone who is bored of the interface of Windows 10, here is a guide to customize your Windows 10 PC with themes and visual changes.
How To Apply Themes On a Windows 10 PC
Microsoft’s Windows had support for themes since the time of Windows XP and it has been inherited over to Windows 10 as well but the point that to be noted is that Microsoft does not support third-party themes and the inbuilt themes are quite boring. Follow these steps mentioned below to customize your Windows 10 PC’s user interface with third-party skins.
Step 1: Install Ultra UX Theme Patcher
- Download UltraUX Theme PAtcher from the link given below.
- Once the download is complete, run the program as administrator to install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it and restart your PC.
Ultra UX Theme Patcher is now successfully installed on your PC.
Step 2: Download Themes For Your PC
Download themes for your Windows 10 PC from Deviantart by clicking
Check out our top picks for Windows 10 here: Best Windows 10 Themes
Alternatively, you could also take a look here.
Step 3: Install the Downloaded Theme On Your PC
Once you are done with selecting the desired theme and completed downloading it on your PC, follow these steps to install the theme on your PC.
- Copy the files and folders of the downloaded theme to the following directory: C:WindowsResourcesThemes. Make sure that your download must contain .theme and .msstyles files.
- Once you are done with moving the files to the above-mentioned directory, double-click on the .theme file to install it.
- Alternatively, you can install the theme by right-clicking on your home screen and installing the theme from the “Personalise” section.
Congratulations! You successfully installed a new theme on your Windows 10 PC.
This is one of the easiest ways to download and install themes on your Windows 10 PC and customizing the look and feel of the UI. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.