Android Oreo Update for T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force is finally here. The T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo Update comes in the form of OTA Update. In this guide, we will tell you how to install T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo OTA.
It has already been several months since Android 8.0 Oreo was officially announced by Google. Only Nexus and Pixel devices are known to receive faster Android Updates while rest of the manufacturers take their time to roll out the updates. We have already seen that Samsung, OnePlus and Huawei are already rolling out updates to some of their devices. Nowadays, timely Android updates play a great role while a user is deciding to buy a device. Now, Motorola is also starting to update some of their devices. Several Moto Z2 Force users on T-Mobile are reportedly receiving Android Oreo Update in the form of OTA. It is important to note here that not all the users will get the OTA update immediately; its a gradual roll-out.
In this guide, we will tell you how to update T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force to Android Oreo by manually flashing the Android Oreo OTA Update.
T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Android Oreo Update
The Android Oreo Update for T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force is rolling out in the form of OTA. The update is gradual and might take some to reach all the users. The T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo OTA update weighs 937.5 MB; that’s quite a big update.
The OTA updates T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force to Android 8.0 Oreo from Nougat 7.1.1. The update should bring the below Android 8.0 Oreo features to your device.
- Picture-in-picture mode
- Auto-fill API
- Instant Apps
- Notification Channels
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
Read ahead to know how to install T-Mobile Moto Z2 OTA on your device.
Guide to Manually Install T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo OTA
XDA Senior Member joemossjr has managed to get hold of the Oreo OTA Update link and he has shared the same with the fellow users. Thanks to him, you can now manually sideload Android Oreo Update on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force.
- Your T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force must be in a complete Stock state.
- Your device should be on NCX26 firmware.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- You must have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Make sure your device has at least 50% charge.
Steps to Install T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo OTA
Follow the below steps to manually update T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force to Oreo:
- Download T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo OTA zip.
- The file will have a lengthy name, DO NOT RENAME the file; keep the name as-is.
- Copy the above Oreo Update OTA Zip file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC. This will most probably in ‘C:‘ drive of your PC. Copy it into the ADB folder.
- Open a command window from inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are present. To do this:
- Press and Hold Shift Key.
- Right-click on the empty space inside the folder and select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Boot your device into Stock Recovery:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power button till you see the bootloader mode. Once you are in bootloader mode – Use the volume keys till you see ‘RECOVERY MODE’ and then hit the power button to select the same.
- Before you boot into Recovery mode, you will see a dead Android. When you see it, hold down Power Button and press Volume Up button. If it does not work, try again. It’s more if hit or miss thing with this device.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode > Select ‘Apply update from ADB’ option by using the Power button.
- Now, connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Execute the below command:
- Next, drag and drop the downloaded file into the command window and press Enter Key.
- The above step will install the Android Oreo OTA update on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force.
Wait for the process to complete. The first boot after the install might take more time than usual, be patient.
This is the easiest way to install T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force Oreo OTA.