Below are a few things to be taken care of before proceeding.
- Guide to completely backup your device
- Download latest USB driver for your device
- Guide to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
Please download the below files.
- Odin3_v3.10.6.zip – Unzip this and keep it on your PC
- Samsung Kies – Install this on your PC
- twrp-126.96.36.199-j7elte.img.tar – Do not extract this. Keep this on your PC.
- Super Su – Do not unzip this. Copy this to your phone.
Enable Developer Options
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Then tap on the ‘Build number’ 7 times or until you get the message ‘You’re now a developer!’
- Go back to Settings, choose ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and enable it.
- In the ‘Developer Options’ menu, you will also find the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option, just enable it.
Copy SuperSu to phone
- Connect your phone to PC via USB Cable
- Transfer the SuperSu.zip file from your PC to the external memory of Samsung J7 (you can also copy to internal)
Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F
- Right click on the Odin3 v3.10.6.exe file and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Click on AP and browse twrp-188.8.131.52-j7elte.img.tar like this
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home buttonsimultaneously until its screen off and boot into a blue screen showing Warning
- Now press Volume UP button to Continue. You will be on this screen now:
- Now connect your Phone to PC via USB Cable.
- You will see that first box under ID:COM in Odin has turned blue. This indicates that your device is detected by Odin and everything is fine.
- Now click on the Start button on Odin.
- Once the process is over, you will see green Pass like this:
- Exit Odin and disconnect your Phone and turn it on.
Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F by flashing SuperSu
- Switch off your device.
- Now press and hold Power+Volume Up+ Home button simultaneously until it boots into TWRP recovery.
- Tick on the checkbox of “Never show this screen during boot again”
- Then Swipe to allow modification
- Now tap on Install and browse the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file (If you have put it in External then tap on Storage and browse it)
- Once you find the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file just tap on it
- Now swipe to confirm flash
- Once the flashing process is done, you will get successful message
- Now tap on Reboot system
- Your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F has been rooted.
To check whether your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F has root access or not, just go to Google Play Store and install Root Checker and run it. Click below to get root checker: