Now that TWRP for Galaxy S9 is available, we can now root Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. The community development for the latest Samsung flagships has already started. In this guide, we will tell you how to Root Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and Galaxy S9.
Samsung unveiled the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus a couple of days ago. The new flagship devices from Samsung come with an improved camera with variable aperture, AR Emojis, and an updated industrial design which improves over the Galaxy Note 8’s design. The Galaxy S9 duo seems to be a minor update on the latest year’s Samsung flagships. Specs wise, the devices are a total beast and they can handle pretty much any task you throw at them with total ease.
Today, we will help you make the experience even better. If you own the Exynos version of Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, we will guide on how to root the devices. Read ahead to know how to root Galaxy S9.
Root Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
Whenever a Samsung flagship device is released, there are two versions of it. One is Exynos powered version and the other once is Snapdragon Powered version. The ones that ships with Samsung’s homegrown Exynos chipset are the more developer friendly version and it always gets official TWRP Recovery and root access way before the Snapdragon Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Below are a few benefits of rooting Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus:
- You can install custom ROMs.
- You can remove bloatware that comes preinstalled on the devices.
- You can install awesome mods such as ViPER4Android, Dolby ATMOS.
- You can block ads.
- You can install a number of Root Apps available on Google Play Store.
As now we can install TWRP on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, we now can easily root Samsung Galaxy S9/Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Make sure you have TWRP installed. Guide here: How to Install TWRP on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- Make sure to take a complete nandroid backup of your device before proceeding.
- Make sure you have at least 50% charge on your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S9/Galaxy S9 Plus
Follow the below instructions carefully.
- Make sure you have TWRP installed on your Galaxy S9. If not, no worries, follow the guide here: How to Install TWRP on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Download SuperSU V2.82 SR5 Beta.
- Connect your Galaxy S9/S9 plus to PC and transfer the downloaded SuperSU Zip file to your phone.
- Disconnect your device from PC once you have copied the file.
- Reboot Galaxy S9 to TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device. Wait for a few seconds to make sure the device is completely turned off.
- Press and hold Bixby Button + Volume Up Button and then press the Power Button.
- Let go of only the Power Button once the phone turns on while you are still holding down the Bixby and Volume Up Button.
- Let go of all the buttons when you see the blue screen with Android logo.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery: Tap on Install > Select the SuperSU Zip file you copied > Swipe right to flash.
- Reboot your device once the process completes.
Congratulations, now your device is rooted. This is the easiest way to root Galaxy S9/S9 Plus using SuperSU. Now you can install any of the root apps you want on your Galaxy S9.