Google Play Store has the habit of acting weird from time to time. Especially, if you own a Xiaomi device, it happens very often. In this guide, we will tell you how to fix Google Play Store not working issue on Xiaomi Devices.
Xiaomi smartphones, which are budget friendly devices with bezel-less technology have cemented themselves as the premium Chinese import brand in India. But it is now reported by many Xiaomi Device users that their Google play store is not working either on mobile data or WiFi.
Google Play Store basically works like a bridge between the user and the applications the user wants to have. This basis application is, therefore, something very essential for any smartphone user yet taken for granted. What happens once it stops working? How will you get the applications you wanted to download? How will you fix it?
There can be multiple reasons for your Google Play Store not working error, the reasons include system crash, apps are conflicting, dump memory, etc. But relax, these issues can be fixed once you carefully follow this article.
Fix for Google Play Not Working Error on Xiaomi Device
Follow the given instructions for reviving your Google Play.
Fix 1: Wipe the Google Play Store Cache and Data
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Open Application settings or Application Manager
- Once your open Application Manager, go to “All Apps“.
- You will see a list of Applications that you use on the device. From this list find Google Play Store.
- Press on the Google Play Store and tap on the Clear Cache/ Clear Data button
- For users of Android Marshmallow or higher, first, tap storage option and then on clear cache/ Clear Data
Fix 2: Update Google Play Store
You might be using an older version of Google play which can be sometimes the reason behind your Google Play not working. If this is the case, you can go ahead and update your Google play by the below-explained methods.
Update Google Play via latest APK
You can download Google Play APK here
- Start by downloading the above file to your device or copy it from your PC to phone
- Go to Settings > Security > Allow ‘Unknown sources’ for installation from other sources other than Google Play.
- Now locate the APK file that you downloaded using File manager.
- Tap on the APK file and start the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Update through settings
- First, open the Google Play on your Xiaomi smartphone and go to the Menu button located at the top left side of your screen.
- Now scroll down the Menu and tap on the Settings option.
- Navigate to the About section and tap on the Play store version. An update will start downloading if a new version is available in your country for your device.
So that’s all about how to fix the Google Play not working error. We hope these instructions helped you get your Google play running. If not, the problem might be a deeper one and you should get a technical support.