Download OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery. The OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery is now available for download. But you might be thinking, why would we need the OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery when TWRP is available for OnePlus 5? While it is true that TWRP recovery is a very capable one and can do wonders, it cannot do one basic and most needed one – it is no good when it comes to going back to stock ROM. Hence, it is always a good idea to have the Stock Oxygen OS Recovery handy. Do not worry if you have not got it, we have got you covered.
In this article, we will tell you where to download and how to install the OnePlus 5 Stock Oxygen OS Recovery. There are no big steps to follow and it only takes a minute or two to get it installed, read ahead to know more.
Download OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery
You can download the OnePlus 5 Stock recovery by visiting the below link:
How to Install/Flash Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5
Now there are two ways to flash the Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5:
Method 1 – Through ADB
- The first thing you need to do is to download and install/setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Now copy the above-downloaded OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Most probably C:Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Rename the recovery file to ‘recovery.img‘.
- Reboot OnePlus 5 into fastboot mode.
- Switch off your phone. Wait a few seconds to make sure it is completely turned off.
- Press and hold Power Button + Volume Down button at the same time.
- Once your phone reboots into fastboot mode, connect it to your PC using USB cable.
- Open the folder where ADB and fastboot are installed. Now, hold down Shift Key and Right Click and select ‘Open command window here‘.
- Now run the below command in the command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Done! You now have stock recovery on your OnePlus 5.
Method 2 – Through TWRP Recovery
- Copy the downloaded OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery to the internal storage of your OnePlus 5.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 5.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Now, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Important: The default mode is to flash zip files. Toggle the mode to images.
- Now select the downloaded recovery image and choose the type of image as recovery.
- Then ‘Swipe to install‘ and the stock recovery image will be flashed on your phone.
Congratulations, now you have stock Oxygen OS Recovery on your OnePlus 5!