Now, you can create your own themes for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus right from your phone! And you do not need root for this! Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with support for themes. But, if none of those are good enough for you, now you can make your own Galaxy S9 Themes. Works on S9 Plus as well!
Themes are one of the most interesting and exciting features about any user interface and user experience. Us, the users, would like to have a little control over what our devices look and feel. Fortunately, if you are an Android user, you already have quite a bit of freedom to control how to devices looks and feel, software wise. This is one of the greatest things about Android, not every single device has to look the same. *Cough* Apple *Cough*.
A lot of OEMs are now enabling their users to apply themes on their Android devices and Samsung is the latest addition to that list. Starting from Galaxy S6, Samsung has a pre-built theme engine which enables the users to download and install themes from the Samsung Theme Store. In this guide, we will tell you how you can make your own Galaxy S9 themes.
Galaxy S9 Themes
Now you can make your own Galaxy S9 themes in less than 5 minutes!
Samsung started supporting themes since the Galaxy S6, by baking in a native theme engine right inside the device. The initial impressions were not that good as it was still a first-gen idea during that time. But as time went by, Samsung got really good at it. You can not only change the wallpapers and ringtones but the entire look and feel of the user interface can be customized to your will.
The inbuilt Theme Store in the Galaxy S9 has tons of great themes. While there are many paid themes in the Galaxy S9 Theme Store, there are some free themes that are absolutely great too. Visit our collection of best Galaxy S9 Themes by clicking below:
All that said, what to do if none of the themes that are present in the Samsung theme store doesn’t feel good enough for you? What if the theme you like is paid and expensive? What if none of the themes appeal to you? We have some good news for you. You can easily create your own Galaxy S9 Themes in a matter of few minutes. Read ahead to know more!
Steps to create Galaxy S9 Themes
- Download and install an app called ‘theme Galaxy‘ from Google Play Store by clicking below:
- Once you are on the main screen of the app, you will be presented with three options
- Primary Color.
- Statusbar Color.
- Accent Color.
- Choose whatever color that pleases you. Make sure to use the right color combinations or else the theme may not look very good.
- In the same screen, at the top right corner, you will see a drop down. You can tap on it and choose the base theme. For example Light or Dark or Grey or Black.
- If you need to customize further, you can tap on the Advanced button on the bottom left corner. Here you will be presented with the options to customize Keyboard, QuickSettings, Notifications, AOD Options, and Message Bubbles. Tap on each one of them to customize the color for them separately.
- Once you are done, go back and press Next.
- The next screen can be left alone, I did not play around too much with these settings. These are settings for third-party apps. Press Next.
- In the next screen, you will be presented with the list of apps/resources which will be themed. You can select/unselect the apps you want/don’t want to be themed. For a good user experience, theme everything so that the UI feel even in all the apps. Press Next.
- Enter a name for your theme and tap on Build.
- Once your theme is built, you will automatically get a prompt to install your theme. Simply tap on Install to install the theme.
How to Apply Custom Galaxy S9 Theme
- Once you have built and installed your theme, go to Settings > Wallpapers and themes.
- Tap on the Themes Section. You will find the theme you made, listed here.
- Tap on your custom made Galaxy S9 Theme. Tap on FREE TRIAL.
Note: You can use this theme forever; it’s NOT a TRIAL. The ‘theme Galaxy’ app will take care of it in the background!
- Once you tap on FREE TRAIL, the theme will be automatically applied to your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus!
You have successfully created and installed a custom theme on your Galaxy S9! There are no limits as to how many themes you can create with this app. There are tons of color combinations and you can explore all of them till you find the one that fits your needs! This is the easiest way to create Galaxy S9 themes!