When it comes to dating, Match.com continues to be one of the best dating websites for all age groups. Currently, it is available in more than 50 countries in 12 languages.
You may not know, but Match.com is operated by the Match Group. This group also operates other dating sites, including OkCupid, Tinder, Hinge, and PlentyOfFish.
Suppose you have found your match, or want to move to a new dating site, or decided to leave online dating, in that case, you may cancel your Match.com membership.
Canceling the Match.com membership is pretty easy, however, the steps differ according to the device you use.
In this article, we will see how to cancel Match.com membership on different devices and how you can delete your Match.com profile.
Match.com offers a 7-days free trial, once it’s over, you have to subscribe for one of its plans, including, Full, Standard, and Value Plan.
At the time of payment, you wouldn’t have focus, but they automatically enroll you in auto-pay, which means your subscription will be renewed automatically.
On the other hand, they don’t notify you when your subscription is going to be renewed. If you want to cancel your subscription, you need to manually do it 48 hours before the next billing date, otherwise, you will be charged for another period.
How to Cancel Match.com Membership
You can easily cancel your Match.com Membership via desktop, Android, iOS, and by contacting customer service.
Cancel your Match Membership on Website
To cancel your membership, log in to your Match.com account via desktop and follow the steps below:
- On the homepage, hover the mouse over your username, and click on ‘My Account’.
- Select ‘Manage/Cancel Membership’ under ‘My Subscription’.
- Follow the mentioned steps to complete the cancellation process.
- After that, you’ll see the message “The automatic renewal of your subscription has now been canceled.”
Now, you will receive a confirmation email for the same. In case, you don’t receive an email, we suggest reaching out to their team.
However, you can still use your Match.com account, and your profile will remain online until your subscription period is over.
Cancel your Match Membership on Android
If you have subscribed to Match.com from the Google Play Store, then you need to cancel the subscription using the same.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- You need to sign in to the Google account that you have used to install the Match.com app.
- On the left side menu, tap on ‘Menu’ and then select ‘Subscriptions’.
- Select the ‘Match.com’ for the list.
- Click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and confirm it.
Cancel your Match Membership on iPhone
If you have subscribed to Match.com from the App Store, then you need to cancel the subscription using the same.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select ‘iTunes & App Store’.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Under ‘Subscription’, click on ‘Manage’.
- Select ‘Match.com’.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and confirm it.
You can also cancel your subscription on a desktop.
- Open iTunes and click on the ‘Store’.
- Sign in to your account using your Apple ID and password.
- Select ‘Match.com’.
- Below ‘Subscriptions’, click on ‘Manage’.
- Now, uncheck the box next to ‘Cancel the automatic renewal’.
Cancel your Match Membership by Contacting Customer Care
If you are unable to cancel your Match.com membership using the above methods, then there’s the last option to cancel the subscription by contacting the customer care directly.
You can contact them from their site by filling up the form. Or, you can contact them at 800-326-5161, and ask to cancel your subscription.
You have to make sure that you want to cancel your membership so that you won’t be charged in the future.
If you call their customer care, then they can ask you for some personal identification and payment method to make sure that you are the authorized person for your profile.
Furthermore, if you want to delete your Match.com profile instead of canceling the subscription, then you need to contact at the same number as mentioned above.
Match.com does not provide an option to delete your profile from the website permanently. That’s why there is no option other than contacting them for deleting your account.
If you want to take a break, then you can hide your profile from Match.com, however, your subscription will still renew on the billing date. In other words, hiding your profile doesn’t affect the subscription plan.
Did you find your match on Match.com? Have you canceled your Match.com membership? Do tell us in the comment section below.