Call recording can be a pretty handy feature when needed. Looking for a way to enable call recording on EMUI 8? Well, we have got you covered. In this guide, we will tell you how to enable call EMUI 8 Call Recording.
EMUI is the proprietary custom skin which Huawei applies on top of stock Android. A lot of manufacturers like to apply their own set of features and visual changes on top of the stock Android. Manufacturers like Samsung, Xiaomi, and Huawei/Honor are some of the manufacturers who take the customization to the next level.
EMUI 8 is the latest version of Huawei’s homegrown Android skin. While not everyone is a fan of the skin, there are still a lot of people who find it very useful. Especially the themes! in this guide, we will tell you how you can enable call recording on EMUI 8 Huawei and Honor devices.
Enable Call Recording on EMUI 8 Devices
Call recording is one of the very useful features that many users miss and actually love to have on their smartphones. Smartphones sure have come a long way in the past couple of years. I still remember using my old Samsung Galaxy Y with a 3.5 inch VGA Screen and be absolutely amazed by it. While smartphones have improved vastly in many aspects, there are still some areas where we could see a lot of improvement. Call recording is one such area.
There could be various reasons why OEMs decide not to include the call recording option in their devices. The main reason could be because it may not be completely legal to record calls in some countries/regions. But, that shouldn’t let them not include the feature in the countries where it is actually legal(although that might need a lot of work). My OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS has call recording option by default. How awesome is that?
If you have been missing call recording option on EMUI 8, we have just the right guide for you. By following this guide, you would be able to record calls on EMUI 8 without having to install a third party app!
- Your EMUI 8.0 Huawei/Honor device must be rooted (unlocked bootloader)
- You must not have any other call recorders installed on your device.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
Steps to Enable Call Recording on EMUI 8 devices
- Download the HwCallRecorder.zip file from this link: Download Huawei Call Recorder Zip File
- Copy the downloaded folder to your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro. You will get a folder named HwCallRecorder.
- Open a root file explorer of your choice. We recommend using MiXplorer, it’s completely free:
- Open the root file explorer and grant root access if necessary. Copy the extracted HwCallRecorder folder to the /system/app path of your device’s root folder.
- Set proper permissions to the folder and the subfolders inside it exactly as shown in the below images [Click to enlarge]:
- Go to the Phone app. Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner of the dialer and select Settings.
- Scroll down and look for an automatic call recorder option and enable the same.
- On the same screen, you will see ‘Automatic Recording Settings‘ option. Tap on it and select ‘All calls or Numbers’ from the list as you wish.
- That is all. This is the easiest way to enable call recording on EMUI 8.
How to listen to Recorded Calls in Mate 10/Pro?
To listen to the record calls, go to Phone App > Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner > Click on ‘Call Records’.